Henderson Insurance Logo
Home Business Insurance Home Insurance Landlord Insurance Motor Insurance Other Products and Services
Follow Us on Henderson Insurance (NE) Ltd Follow us on Twitter 

Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions

Due to the wide range of products and services we offer we have categorised the questions into related groups.

Motor Insurance

What does GAP stand for?
What is a policy excess?
What are the different levels of cover on car insurance?
What types of cover does Henderson Insurance offer on motor insurance?
Why do I need motor insurance?

Home Insurance 

What is Homeowners Insurance?
Do I need to be a Homeowner to take out home insurance?
Can I cover a building I let out on a standard home insurance policy?
Is it compulsory to take Building Insurance with my mortgage provider?
What is Home Insurance?

Landlord Insurance 

What does Landlord Insurance cover?
What is Landlord Insurance?
Buy to Let Insurance - What are the basics?

Business Insurance 

What is an SME?
What is Business Insurance?

Shop Insurance 

What does shop insurance cover?

Liability Insurance 

What limit of indemnity do I require?
What cover do I need for a limited company or business?
What cover do I need as a sole trader or partnership?
What is Liability Insurance?

Property Owners Insurance / Buy to Let Insurance

Please see Landlord Insurance above. 

Complaints and Compensation 

How do I make a complaint?
Latest News

Keeping motorists mobile - motor insurers payouts up 14% over the last year

Motor insurers paid out £2.4 billion in motor claims in the first quarter of this year, up 14% on the same quarter last year according to our latest data. This was the highest quarterly payout since we started collecting data back in 2013.   

Read More

Source: abi.org.uk 09/06/2023. 

Changes to the Highway Code – what’s changing and what does this mean?

Over 40 changes to the Highway Code, including updates to existing rules as well as the addition of new text, came into effect from 29 January*. Whilst these changes are relevant to all road users, it’s important that our commercial motor clients are aware of these changes and communicate them effectively to their drivers.

What are the key changes?

The most fundamental change of principle is the inclusion of a Hierarchy of Road Users designed to place road users in order of potential harm. The aim is to improve safety for vulnerable road users (VRUs), in particular pedestrians, cyclists, and horse riders.

The updated text states that "those in charge of vehicles that can cause the greatest harm in the event of a collision bear the greatest responsibility to take care and reduce the danger they pose to others. This principle applies most strongly to drivers of large goods and passenger vehicles, followed by vans/minibuses, cars/taxis and motorcycles.” read more

Source: Aviva Febuary - 1st Edition latest news email 04/02/2022 with link

Mandatory five-year electrical safety check regulations to be enforced in England

The Government has proposed detailed regulations for enforcing mandatory five-year electrical safety checks in the private rented sector from July this year. 

The Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020 were laid in Parliament yesterday. They require approval from both the House of Commons and the House of Lords before they come into force. read more

Source: NLA website - Article Posted 14 Jan 2020



Customers Comments

"Very professional, always have good service from you, many thanks."  Mrs P May. 

"Keep up the good work.  Excellent service, many thanks."  Sheila Lamb. 

"Always pleased with the way I'm treated."  Mr G Gibson. 

"I would just like to say that each time I have emailed Henderson’s Insurance I have had a fast response and the service I have been given has been great, not many times that happens these days so thank you for your time. Kind Regards, Hayley Scott."